Thursday, February 23, 2012

426th Post Jesus Predictions of His Ascension and Glorification Con't. - John 14: 28 - 29.

John 14: 28 - 29.
You have heard Me say to you, "I am going away and coming back to you." If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, "I am going to the Father," for My Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe.
Jesus spoke these words the night of His betrayal, in the upper room. This is the second time this night that Jesus had told them these things. We have the Gospels written down for us, so we can study what happened over and over. Jesus knew the disciples did not understand what He was telling them, or how His death, would change the world; or their lives. This must have been a very hard time for Jesus, to know His time was short, and how little the disciples have understood what He was telling them. The disciples were sad, because they could feel Jesus' building anguish about what He was about to face. Jesus was telling them "if you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, I am going back to the Father." They were sad because He was leaving them. Jesus had told them over and over why He came into the world, and why He would have to go back to His Father when He had finished His work here on earth. Their sadness proves they did not understand what Jesus was telling them. Jesus was about to be Glorified, and would put an end to death's hold on all believer's. Do you believe??

No comments:

Post a Comment