Wednesday, July 20, 2011

340th Post Jesus On Admonitions & Exhortations Con't. - Charging His Disciples Con't. - John 15: 9 -15.

John 15: 9 - 15
As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.
This was spoken by Jesus in the upper room the night He was to be betrayed. Many people in the Church today, ask what am I to do? Or they just come to Church on Sunday, looking to be entertained, and then go home and continue with their life as usual outside of Church. Clearly, this is not what Jesus wanted the Church to become. Jesus starts out saying as the Father loved Me, so I have loved you. Jesus goes on to say if you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love. Jesus is telling the disciples they must keep His commandments, not just listen to them. They are to make them a part of their lives. This is what the word abide means, to remain. I will continue next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment