Tuesday, September 25, 2012

570th Post Jesus Said Concerning Parables Con't. - Parables on Forgiveness Con't. - Parable of Forgiven Much, Forgiven Little - Luke 7: 41 - 47 - 1st Post.

Luke 7: 41 - 47 Parable of Forgiven Much, Forgiven Little, 1st post.
There was a certain creditor who had two debtors.  One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty.  And when they had nothing with which to repay, he freely forgave them both.  Tell Me, therefore, which of them will love him more?  [Simon answered and said, "I suppose the one whom he forgave more."]  You have rightly judged. [And turning to the woman, He said to Simon,]  Do you see this woman?  I entered your house; you gave me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head.  You gave me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss my feet since the time that I came in.  You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed my feet with fragrant oil.  Therefore I say to you, her sins , which were many, are forgiven, for she loved much.  But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.
This was spoken by Jesus soon after His Sermon on the Mount.  This would be about 1 - 1.1/2 years into His earthly Ministry.  This parable was told at Simon the Pharisee's house in Capernaum.  I have run out of space so will continue next post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment