Wednesday, May 25, 2011

311th Post Jesus Promises Made to His Followers Con't. - John 17: 6 - 7.

John 17: 6 - 7.
I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world. Yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. Now they know that everything that you have given me is from you.
This is the continuing prayer that Jesus prayed for His disciples and us, on the night He was to be betrayed; still in the upper room. Notice how clear His words are now, Jesus has stopped speaking in parables. In verse 6, Jesus says I have clearly explained You and Your words to the people You gave Me out of the world. Here Jesus makes a distinction between the believers and the rest of the world. The world hears the word, but does not believe it, or act upon it. The believer hears the word, recognizes it as truth, and remembers it and conforms it to his life, thus transforming his life. You, the Father have given them to Me, and they have shown themselves worthy by keeping your word. At the completion of My earthly Ministry, they know that everything you have given Me is from You. They understand I have represented You correctly to them. The Old Testament teachings have become clear, and I have marked the path plainly. The way is prepared, all who seek will find the true path. My task on earth is now complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment