Friday, May 27, 2011

312th Post Jesus Promises Made to His Followers Con't Prayer Con't. - John 17: 8-9

John 17: 8-9.
For I have given them the words you have given me, and they have received them and have come to know the truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me. I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours.
This is the continuing prayer Jesus prayed for His disciples, and us in the upper room just before He was to be betrayed. Jesus again says that His follower's have been given to Him by God the Father, they believed the words you have given Me, and have come to know the truth that you sent Me. To be a follower of Jesus, you have to know Jesus on this level. You have to believe that Jesus was sent by the Father and acted according with God the Father's wishes. This sets you apart from the rest of the world. The rest of the world still condemns Jesus, and does not accept Him. Only Jesus can save you from your sins! This is the Truth!! If you want eternal life, you have to believe in Jesus as your one and only true Savior. Only Jesus paid the price, and has the power to atone for sin. This is why He sits at the Right Hand of the Father today. Do you believe?? There is still time to make that commitment!

No comments:

Post a Comment