Saturday, May 26, 2012

525th Post Jesus Said Concerning Parables Con't. - The Parable of the Good and Bad Stewards Con't. - Matthew 25: 14 - 30 4th Post.

Matthew 25: 14 - 30; Luke 19: 12 - 27; 4th Post.
The one steward who received only one talent, buried it and when the Lord came back, dug it up and gave it to him.  The Lord rebuked this servant severely and said "You wicked and lazy servant, you knew I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed.  So you ought to have deposited my money with bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest.  Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.  For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away.  And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness.  There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."  It is interesting how the Lord deals with this servant.  He rebukes him and then strips him of all he has and then throws him into outer darkness.  This servant did not increase the talent, neither did he lose it.  He delivered it back to the Lord exactly how it was given him.  The lesson here is you have a choice either further the Kingdom of God, or not and lose your salvation in the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment