Tuesday, June 15, 2010

94th Post Jesus On Deeds Rewarded Con't - Matthew 25: 31 - 46

This is the first discussion on the post Matthew 25: 31 - 46. From the location in the book of Matthew,you know that this is part of Jesus' Olivet Discourse, this is a long speech of Jesus delivered very close to the end of His ministry from the Mount of Olives (this is where the name Olivet comes from). The Olivet Discourse explains the End Times according to Jesus. I think it is interesting that most books written on this subject do not take into account Jesus Words. I believe that since Jesus is the one coming again and is the Son of God, we should pay attention to what He said on the subject. Jesus opens this passage with Matthew 25: 31, Jesus is coming in glory with His angels, then He will sit on a throne of His glory and the nations will be gathered before Him and He will separate them one from another as a shepherd divides His flock between sheep and goats. The sheep He will set on His right side and the goats on His left. The sheep are His believers and the goats are the nonbelievers. Then the King (Jesus) will say to those on right hand, "Come you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. They will go and inherit the kingdom Jesus has shown them. Jesus continues by saying "for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me."

No comments:

Post a Comment