Wednesday, December 15, 2010

201st Post Jesus on Faith Con't - Luke 7: 48, 50

Luke 7: 48,50. A Sinful Woman Forgiven - Continued from previous post.
At the end of last post Jesus tells the woman her sins which are many are forgiven. The people in Simon's house take issue with that. To a Jew, only God can forgive sin. Simon believes Jesus to be a man of God, maybe even a prophet, but Son of God? This a stumbling block, even for us today. We read of Jesus many miracles, turning water into wine good enough to fool a wine steward of its vintage. Raising people from the dead, casting out demons, feeding huge crowds. All of these things sound to fantastic to have happened. Why did Jesus do these things? The Old Testament Prophets foretold, this would come to pass, even down to a virgin giving birth to a Son in Bethlehem. Jesus credentials are there for all to look at. Some say it is a leap of faith to believe in Christianity. I say after you have read the Bible for a while, you come to the conclusion it is a bigger leap of faith not to believe. You have to understand, that this Simon may have known Jesus earthly parents, did not know of His virgin birth. So as far as Simon knows Jesus is a mortal man. Simon understands Jesus to be some sort of prophet, Simon is not sold on Jesus being the Son of God. At least not yet. You, who are reading this blog, do you believe Jesus is the Son of God?? Do you need more proof?? Who do you think Jesus is??

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tom, my name is John. I read a lot of blogs on religion and prayer and I've i feel like I've ended up here once before. I'd love to hear your thoughts about this prayer exchange website PrayerMarket.com I thought it was an interesting idea and would be curious to hear what you (or other Christians) think about it

    I'll check back here in the next day or two, thanks & God bless
    John W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John W.;
    I checked the web site, it is a prayer for money thing I think. You say you have read my blog before, what do you think I would say? Prayer is a time to be alone with God and to fellowship with Him. Jesus does not charge us to talk to Him, how can we then charge to pray for others? Jesus tells us to pray in secret, I believe this is the opposite of that. Thank you for asking for my opinion. And God Bless You.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete