Friday, December 24, 2010

209th Post Jesus Said on Faith Con't. - John 14: 12 - 14.

John 14: 12 - 14 Jesus talking to disciples in Upper Room on Maundy Thursday.
Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
These words were spoken by Jesus at the end of his earthly ministry, just before He went to Gethsemane to be arrested and then crucified. This was the charge given to the disciples, so that they could continue the Lord's work. Notice Jesus tells them that they are capable of even greater works than what Jesus had done. Why did Jesus say this?? Since the disciples are not Jesus, people will tend to believe that they are not able to do miracles; the disciples will be able to do greater things in order to prove that they are in God's will, just like Jesus was. This was spoken by Jesus to extend the chain of command to include them. Even if the disciples perform greater miracles, they are not greater than Jesus! The student is never greater than their teacher!! This is always true!! The teacher knows more than they can teach others, so they will always be greater. Are you ready to share your knowledge of Jesus with others? That is the next step. Remember you can witness without saying a word. Make your walk your talk, and you will be a great witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment