Wednesday, November 9, 2011

370th Post Jesus On Harsh Words for the Religious System Con't. - John 5: 41 - 47.

John 5: 41 - 47.
I do not receive honor from men. But I know you, that you don't have the love of God in you. I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive. How can you believe, who receive honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God? Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you - Moses, in whom you trust. For if you believed Moses, in whom you trust. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?
This was spoken by Jesus about 1.1/2 years into His earthly ministry. Jesus is speaking to the Pharisees, notice Jesus accuses them of not having the love of God in them. He was really telling them they do not have the love for God in them. Then Jesus goes on saying that I came in My Father's name; and you received Me not. But you will receive another who comes in his own name and receive him. Jesus is saying that I come as a messenger from God and you don't receive Me. But you will receive anyone else. The one who accuses them is Moses, but they don't believe the words of Moses, so it is Moses who accuses them. The Love of God, that seems to be the stumbling block even today. Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God and the Christ? Or are you a Pharisee? Which one are you??

No comments:

Post a Comment