Monday, November 14, 2011

371st Post Jesus on Harsh Words for the Religious System Con't. - John 8: 23 - 24.

John 8: 23 - 24.
You are from beneath, I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.
This was spoken by Jesus 1.1/2 to 2 years into His earthly ministry. It is interesting that we are looking into this passage. This is a similar argument we are using today; people are trying to say Jesus was not God but only a man. This is the same argument the Pharisees made to Jesus. The Pharisees saw that Jesus looked like them so He had to be like them. They could not understand what Jesus was saying here. Jesus says "You are from beneath, I am from above." Jesus was saying I have come from Heaven, from My heavenly Father. You on the other hand are from this world. Jesus implies that He is different, because of the miracles He can perform. There are people saying that we can become just like Jesus. This is not true! Since Jesus is different, He can forgive sin. Humans can not do this!! Jesus told them flat out, "If you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins." Jesus was telling the that He is the Messiah and the Son of God." How else could He have been born of a virgin, if He was not part of God?? We can never be like Jesus Christ! Jesus wants us to try to live His example, that is the closest we can come to be like Jesus. We will never become Him!! Where are you in your walk??

No comments:

Post a Comment