Saturday, November 26, 2011

385th Post Jesus Words From the Cross Con't. - Luke 23: 43.

Luke 23: 43.
Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.
This was spoken by Jesus on the day of His crucifixion. Of all the people the Roman soldiers crucified, these simple words, they would remember. The Romans had just nailed His hands and feet to the wooden cross, and then lifted the cross up and dropped it into its place, between two thieves. This was also a fulfillment of prophecy. Look at our text again, see how soft and caring these words are. I am sure the Romans had heard plenty of words from many people they crucified, that included thought of their gods! But I would bet this was the first time, forgiveness was asked for on their behalf! I know forgiveness would be the farthest thing from my mind at a time like that. This is something I have to work on myself. Christ is the model, and I hope I remember this when it is my time to suffer for Him. We are all called to do that you know. Think of that Jesus is the Son of God, all He had to do is ask, and legions of Angels would have been at His disposal. I wonder if the taunts from the crowd, would have been as bad if the people knew just how much power He could summon to save Him. Jesus had to die for us to atone for all our sins. That was His purpose for coming into this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment